Tuesday, February 22, 2011

New yummy recipes

Hello,
Have you ever tried Orzo Pasta?  I hadn't until a while ago and it is pretty good.  Although every time I make it my husband thinks it is rice. lol Here is a quick little recipe I got from my Fitness Magazine.

Lemon Orzo
1 cup orzo
1 t. lemon zest
1 T lemon juice
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 cup fresh parsley

Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil, add the orzo and cook according to package. Drain and toss with lemon zest, lemon juice, Parmesan and parsley. Serve with Chicken  I added more salt afterwards for extra flavor.

BBQ Chicken Pizza with Feta ( a Kraft Foods Recipe)
1 ready-to-use baked pizza crust (12 inch)
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided 1 pkg.
(6 oz.) OSCAR MAYER Deli Fresh Grilled Chicken Breast Strips, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce
1 pkg. (4 oz.) ATHENOS Traditional Crumbled Feta Cheese
1 small red onion, halved, sliced and separated into rings
HEAT oven to 450°F.
PLACE pizza crust on baking sheet; sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella.
TOSS chicken with barbecue sauce; spoon onto crust. Top with feta, onions and remaining mozzarella.
BAKE 10 to 12 min. or until mozzarella is melted and crust is golden brown. Let stand 5 min. before cutting to serve.
 Workout Update: Working out is going great! Although there are some days I don't feel like doing it I haven't missed a day :) . I am into my third week and I feel a little different, although my workout isn't very intense because of my time crunch, so it will be slow going!

Also I just have to leave you with something crafty...

A cute little tag for a birthday bag! :) I just love this Cosmo Cricket Paper!

1 comment:

Young Adventures... said...

Love orzo! Your cards are beautiful Hollie!

Rachel