Friday, November 2, 2012

"Hogs and Kisses" Card and a Banner Tutorial

Today, I have a really cute card to share that is so simple to make!  I recently purchased the "Farm Fresh" stamp set from PTI.  I have to say I am in love with this set!  The best part is that it's great for gender neutral cards, which is something I have always struggled with.



Everything on this card is from Papertrey Ink, so pretty easy to find.  I chose Melon Berry and Aqua Mist (2 favorite colors right now) and went to town.  Love how this turned out!   It was hard to capture in the picture, but I used Versamark Ink to create a farm background behind the pig.


Next up, a little banner project!  I am in love with banners, I see so many ideas on Pinterest and I just can 't help myself. (I am hoping to make one for the new babies nursery)  Today, I am sharing with you a banner that can be for all seasons!  While at Hobby Lobby a couple of weeks ago I came across a Canvas Pendent Scrapbooking album by Maya Road.  There were six pages for $6!  I couldn't resist, because I knew I could stretch this for all season. 


Right now I have it ready for FALL, but with Velcro it can be used year round! 


I hot glued the Velcro pieces in the center of the banner, then added my embellishments.


These little round burlap circles were right next to the banners at Hobby Lobby.  So cute!!  I made the little jar embellishment with  the Dear Lizzy Jar Set.  As you can see everything is able to come off due to the Velcro   I only used 5 of the banners so I would have an odd number, but with different seasons you could always add more banners .  


Here is the finished project hanging up on my window mirror.
Total Cost for this project was $8, of course I had paper and ink on hand.
Plus, don't forget Hobby Lobby coupons and save even more!


 I must add that I made this window like 8 years ago. I found the idea in Better Homes and Gardens or something, the old fashion way, before Pinterest! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by, hope you enjoyed! 

Hollie


No comments: