Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Simple Fall Entry Table


 When I moved into my new home I took it as an opportunity to start with a blank slate and decorate my home how I had always wanted it to be.  I am easily overwhelmed when it comes to choices and since I didn't want this to happen I took to the good old internet and did some research.  I stumbled across this post on Style Words on the Fieldstone Hill Design blog. After doing her style exercises I became confident in making choices and never again will I have designer paralysis, as she calls it.   
The only question was where do I begin? 

In my opinion, the entrance to your home is very important.  After all, it is the first thing people see.  So this is the first place I started.  I had an entry table that I bought at a garage sale for $20 and from there I started building my perfect entry.


My favorite thing about the entry is this Wreath.
The first thing I made was this wreath.  I just love the homey feeling you get when you see a wreath.  It was really simple and cheap to put together.  I grabbed a green foam wreath from Hobby Lobby, wrapped it with fabric and added the diy flowers.

I put together my own printable in Picasa and printed it on colored cardstock
Don't you just love pumpkins?  I'm pretty sure they are the most versatile decor item for fall. I painted one of my pumpkins with chalkboard paint and drew a little heart on it.  I just love that you can paint anything with chalkboard paint and it insistently looks awesome!

Well, that's it for today.

Thanks for stopping by,
Hollie



No comments: