Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Papertrey Ink: Watercolor Challenge

Today I am sharing a little project I got to work on with my boys.  My boys love to watercolor, so this was a perfect time to get the stuff out and do a project together.  

Here is my inspiration found on pinterest


Here is my card: 


I grabbed my heart dies from Papertrey and die cut the medium sized heart on a strip of paper.  Then I made my color selections, Hawaiian Shores, Summer Sunrise (turned out a little dark), Raspberry Fizz, and Orange Zest.   Using watercolor on cards is soon becoming one of my favorite techniques.  My Great Grandma use to be a wonderful painter and this reminds me of her.  


Thanks for stopping in,

Hollie



5 comments:

Shay said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors and the softness the watercolor lend. The sentiment is perfect too.

Birgit said...

Sweet! Love the inspiration and what you did with it.

Ruth G said...

Wonderful! What a great clean and simple and elegant design!!!!

Marybeth said...

This is beautiful! I love all the colorful hearts…soooo pretty! I would like to try the way you did this soo peaceful.

Anonymous said...

Pretty! I love the soft color palette you used!