Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Lamp I Can Love

Hello All,


I have had a lamp. I absolutely hate looking at it, in my opinion it is ugly all day. It has been sitting on one of our end tables for almost five years, not being used, just sitting. I decided to do some research and see if I could make it into a lamp I could love!!! :) I discovered you can in fact successfully spray paint a lamp or anything for that matter with a little primer and a lot of spray paint.


Here is the lamp before:


So sad and lonely, never used except for by my boys (who loved knocking it of the table).

With a lot of Krylon Primer and Flat Black Spray Paint here is what she looks like now.


After:

Now it is actually being used, and I love it. I love the feeling of turning something from ugly into something I love. I was also so excited to get the lamp shade, I had my eye on for 2 months, for only $13 from Target. Each can of spray paint was $5 but when I bought them they were 30% off at Hobby Lobby. So I spent about $20 bucks to make the lamp new and it was given to me years ago for FREE.



TIPS: Make sure you clean the metal and also sand off any rust. Also follow directions on can very carefully for the best look.



Hollie

1 comment:

Courtney G. said...

I really like this lamp!! If you find any more like this and can "switchero" then I will gladly pay! I need new lamps!