Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Week 4 Color Combo: Summer Online Card Class




Hello All,

Today's post showcases my Week 4 Color Combo Card! I can't believe this is the last week!

I have learned a lot about color in these past 3 weeks. Putting more than three colors together on a card has always been a challenge for me, so working on the color combos each week has been great practice. Speaking of more than 3 colors I went ahead and added three more colors to the color combo. (he he) As I was working on this card I realized it was missing an element and decided I would add some color to make the balloons float off into the sunset. Since the colors are no where close to the colors in the combo I realize I may be breaking the rules lol! But for the sake of the card I had to put the extra colors. I firmly believe that art shouldn't have rules, it should just be fun! Blah Blah, So anyway I hope you enjoyed my explanation. lol







I started out by inking up Hero Arts Background Clouds stamp just on the edges with PTI's Hawaiian Shores. This left an available space for the bright shiny sun, which I added by sponging Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise and Sweet Blush.




The small button doesn't quite show up but it does match the lightest of the blues and it comes from PTI. The dark blue button is Sassafras and the other button hails from Micheal's.
The sentiment and Hot Air Balloons come from PTI's Everyday Button Bits.

Thanks so much for stopping in,






Hollie



No comments: